So I thought this might be a better way for people to keep track of what we are doing. I am hoping to update at least once a week--at least over the next few months during our move. Right now we are working on getting the house ready to put on the market and trying to find out as much as possible about Aurora. We think Adam should get the offical paperwork in the next couple weeks so we want the house ready to be put on the market. We just found out that Adam should be eligible for a program where they will buy our house if it doesn't sell within 60 days. We are very excited about this because it means we should be able to get a house right away in Colorado. We are hoping to go to Colorado from August 30 til Sept 8 for our house hunting trip. Then we are hoping to be packed and leaving here on September 18.
Kyla just got done with a week long nature camp. She has really enjoyed the two camps that she's been in. I think she will really enjoy school, but we will be waiting until we are in Colorado before she starts. I originally thought she'd be starting 6 weeks late, but I didn't realize that the calendar I looked at was for Aurora school district, which we are no longer thinking we will be in. So last night I was looking up when the fall break was, and found out that they are converting the Cherry Cheek School district to year round school. Most of the elementry schools that we are looking at have already been converted. They go to school for 9 weeks then have 3 weeks off. There are four different schedules, but everyone has two weeks off for Christmas and 2 weeks off in June. Two of the schedules also have a break before or after these two weeks breaks so it would be a five week break. We aren't sure how we feel about this, it will be a little different. I'm still trying to figure out what how to find out what schedule each school is on. The advantage is we wont always have to go on vacation in the summer, she will have breaks at other time of the year!
AJ is doing pretty good. Right now he's getting into everything! It has been hard getting painting and yardwork done because one of us has to pay close attention to him. Even with that he managed to get into the paint and eat some---he didn't like when Adam had to wash it out of his mouth. He also fell and cut his mouth pretty good. We ended up taking him to the ER because it was on a Sunday and we weren't at home and it wouldn't stop bleeding. We found out that mouth cuts usually bleed alot, but usually there is nothing they can do. Of well, at least now we know.
Our one big trip this summer was to the Eastern Shore. Adam taught a math camp for high school students at University of Maryland, Easter Shore. It was a two week camp. The kids and I went over with him for about half of it. The teachers are put in the graduate dorms, which are like little apartments. My sister and her family were in Ocean City visiting Greg's dad, so we were able to see them a couple times. We also went to the beach, went mini-golfing, road Go-Karts and did some hiking. It was a nice break from everything that we've been doing.
I know you can post pictures on here, but I will have to save that for another day--time to get back to work on the house.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have been great neighbors! We hate to see you go!!! Bigger and better things await - Best of luck in Colorado!!!
The Konyar's
Glad things are going well for you. I hope the move goes smoothly for all of you. Have a fun rest of the summer and good luck with the move.
Lesa
Post a Comment