Monday, August 31, 2009

The Zoo

The zoo had a special early opening for members this past weekend, so we decided to go. It was nice being at the zoo when its not crowded and when the animals are moving around more.

This female lion was "playing" with Kyla through the glass--Kyla thought that was pretty neat :)
However, our highlight of the day were the kangaroos. We were able to see a joey.
And not only did we get to see it--but we got to see it come out of the pouch, hop around and jump back into the pouch head first.
It then squirmed around until it's head was out again.
We also went to the sea lion show.
And Kyla decided she wanted to feed the birds again--after she got bit last time I didn't think she'd want to do it again for quite awhile so I was a little surprised. I was also pleased to see she wasn't afraid of the birds or scared of getting bit again.

No comments: