Friday, January 23, 2009

January

I haven't been as good as I'd like to be at updating this.  This month has been pretty busy with sick kids--both had an ear infection--and getting things done around the house.  Not to mention putting Christmas away and preparing for Kyla's birthday party.  Here are a few cute picture from the month.
I guess this one isn't really a cute kid but it was taken from our back porch.  The moon was very bright early and I was able to get a decent picture


Here is AJ doing his favorite past time---lying on the floor watching "choo-choo" on the TV.  He got a Geo-trak DVD with his set for Christmas and I've gotten a few Thomas DVDs from the library and now he CONSTANTLY want to watch "choo-choo".  First thing in the morning he comes down and points at the TV and says "choo-choo" and then constantly through out the day.  He no longer likes to watch anything but "choo-choo".  I'm thinking he needs more train books, because that is about the only thing that will distract him from his request to watch TV.


AJs other favorite pastime is playing with anything that has wheels.  I'm not really sure why but her felt the linen closet in our bathroom was a great place to play with his cars.  


On Kyla's birthday I took her ice skating for the first time.  She did pretty good.  We were having VERY warm weather--it was close to 70---and since it was an outside rink it was starting to melt making it very slippery.  I think she would be better if she wasn't getting wet every time she fell and the ice wasn't so slippery.  There is an indoor rink that we may try taking her to.

After our record setting 71 degrees earlier this week, we are now very cold and it is snowing.  I don't mind the snow and was hoping we get more this year, but I'm really not liking the extremes we've been having and I'm now ready for spring.  That means we will most likely still be getting snow at Easter--oh well.

No comments: