Sunday, February 8, 2009

We finally get the picture that we wanted!

In December we went to a mall that's about 45 minutes away because Adam wanted to check out the Lego store.  It ended up being a pretty neat mall and the kids enjoyed the carousel.  While there we saw these really neat picture made out of wood---we have since found out they are called Intarsia pictures.  At the time we couldn't afford one but thought they were really neat.  After thinking about it we decided we really wanted one and would use part of our tax return to get one.  Adam took the kids to the mall in early Jan so that I could have the house to myself for a few hours and he was going to get one.  They ended up not having the one that we both remembered and since I wasn't there we decided to just wait a couple more weeks.  2 1/2 weeks later we all went to get the picture and a few other things and were very disappointed to find that the store was GONE.  We were very disappointed, but I was hopeful because they had not updated the directory and I was able to get the name of the store.  After looking on-line we couldn't find any info on the store and didn't find any intarsias that even came close to what we had seen.  Adam decided he'd try and contact the mall and see if they had any information as to who we might talk with to purchase the picture.  They were able to get us in contact with the owner and he was doing a Home and Garden show this past weekend and we were able to get the one we wanted!  So here it is--and I think it's definitely worth the trouble of getting it!

And here is a picture of the whole room with it on the wall!  Doesn't it look nice!


No comments: