Today was my special day at the Butterfly Pavilion for winning 1st place in the photo contest. We got to go before they opened--which meant I could use a tripod and didn't have to worry about paying attention to others around me :) It was very nice and peaceful watching the butterflies wake up. I also got a few good pictures :) It was still hard to get good pictures, as I'm not use to a tripod so it would take awhile for me to get it adjusted--and they weren't always willing to sit there, but if I didn't use it and tried to get a close up they were often blurry. Here are my 3 favorite.
Kyla liked this last one because the feeder is a pottery leaf bowl like she made in Hawaii. She is excited that hers has been shipped and it will only be a little longer before she gets to see the finished products.
The kids didn't last the whole hour in the butterfly area so Adam took them into the new exhibit that talks about Butterfly Farming. It was a very interactive educational displayed and they enjoyed that. And of course they had to go through it again with Mom.
This is AJ on the zip cord--both kids liked riding that and it was nice that no one else was there so they didn't have to wait in line :) And Kyla never misses the chance to hold Rosie--a tarantula, but this time they also had Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches to hold and of course she had to do that as well.
I put this picture up because you can kinda tell that Kyla is missing her two top front teeth. She is very excited that Christmas isn't too far away and has been singing "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth." Her loosing her teeth was helped along by a fall on her scooter a week ago that she described to Adam as "I hit the pavement teeth first."
This is a sunrise a couple mornings ago.
And this is the moon light up at 7am when we were leaving to go to the Butterfly Pavilion. I wish you could see the snow covered mountains more clearly--but I guess I don't control that.
No comments:
Post a Comment