Friday, June 5, 2009

Butterfly Pavillion Member's Afternoon

The Butterfly Pavilion is becoming my favorite place to go--I am really glad we got a membership.  On Thursday, we went to members afternoon.  The kids each got a snack and decorated butterfly wings and learned a dance.  Although AJ was not interested in the wings or the dance.  So for part of the time him and I went outside and walked around--where he posed for pictures.

 Before leaning the dance the took the kids out to the butterfly area so they could watch how butterflies moved.  AJ was very good at spotting the butterflies--and would tell me to take pictures.

They also pretended to be wrapped in a cocoon (the feather boa) and they had to break free and become a butterfly.  

Then they learned a short ballet dance.
 



Kyla held Rosie the spider again and since AJ was too young I held Rosie while he sat on my lap.  I was wishing I had got a picture--not something that I ever thought I'd do!  The kids both love looking at the bugs--something I could do without--looking at the fish, and of course, the butterflies each time we go.  

No comments: