Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hawaii--Part 5

The rest of our trip was good. While I was packing on Wednesday, Kyla got to make some more pottery--which made her very happy! The trip back was mostly good. AJ did great on the planes--his congestion went away for the two day trip and both days he just fell asleep while looking out the window on take-off. Kyla enjoyed doing hangman with mom or dad. The trip from Seattle to Denver was a little frustrating. Alaskan Airlines was having computer problems, so it took about an hour to get our boarding passes and check our bags, good thing we gave ourselves plenty of time! Then the plane from Portland to Denver was delayed--it was stuck in Orange county with mechanical problems, but again we were lucky and they had an extra plane and flew a pilot in from Seattle so it was only delayed 45 minutes. We are all glad to be home--although at the same time wish we could have stayed longer. Not sure why, but we are still adjusting to the time change. I am amazed that I am still waking the kids up each morning and even Adam and I are not wanting to get up. Hopefully by next Tuesday when Kyla starts school again, we will all be feeling better and back on schedule :)

Aunt Connie and Uncle Murv with the kids.

All six of us.

And I would like to congratulate Sarah who won the prize for voting for the number of pictures we took. We took 1832 pictures--well really more because I took about 450 trying to get a good wave picture and deleted about 300. And of the 1832 about 600 of them are lava flowing into the ocean, I haven't completely gone through those, but I'm sure at least half will be deleted. So we will probably end up keeping about 1500 pictures :)

No comments: