Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our Day in Seattle


We had a great day in Seattle. We were happy to remember to take a couple family pictures. We rode the train into downtown---AJ was very entertained by the ride, I think he would have been happy just to ride the train all day.

I was excited to see a couple of high school friends Lesa and Tami. We all went to the aquarium together. This is Kyla with Jessica, Lesa's daughter.

This is the boys--Lesa's son Ryan, AJ, and Tami's son Mason.

Shortly after getting to the aquarium AJ got a little grumpy.



After the aquarium we all went to lunch together. After visiting with them, we went on a tour of the harbor. Since they were having a big art festival near the space needle we decided not to go to that area--but we were able to get some good pictures from the boat.

I would love to go on a cruise ship like this one day :)


After the cruise we went to the Waterfall Garden--a man made waterfall sponsored by UPS at the site where they began. It was really pretty, but rather noisy so we didn't stay long. Kyla cooperated with some picture taking.

After that we went to the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park. I was a little disappointed in their junior ranger program because it was mazes, hidden pictures, word finds and other similar puzzles and I don't feel that Kyla really learned anything by doing it. Out of all the National Parks that we've been too I would say this was one of the more disappointing--but I'm still glad that we went. It was a great but exhausting day :)

No comments: