One of our new fish had babies. We actually ended up buying 4 more fish a week after the last ones. The first fish store goofed up and gave us 2 males and 1 female-and it was the female that had died. We did not realize this until after we bought 2 males and 2 females. So the 2 females that we had were getting sick from being harassed--in order to stop this we went and bought 4 more females. One of the females was pregnant when we bought her--she had a couple prematurely due to the stress of being moved. Then the other day while I was cleaning the tank she had some more--we have 5 in a breeding net. I'm pretty sure she still has more and that cleaning the tank stressed her out enough to have just a few. But the five that we have seem to be doing good--they are swimming and eating. I tried to get a picture but it didn't focus very well. I've labeled the fish and by comparing it to the gravel you can see they are very small.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment