Monday, July 27, 2009

Wild Flowers

Wild flowers are becoming my favorite thing to photograph. I've bought Rocky Mountain Wildflowers Pocket Guide and am excited to be finding so many of the flowers. Friday evening I was looking up some of the flowers that we had found that day and came across two flowers that I thought it would be neat to see--shortly afterwards we went for a walk down by the river and I got to see both of them, they are the two top ones.

Little Pink Elephants--because their pedals look like elephant heads.

Monkshood

Tall Penstemon

Tall Penstemon

Narrowleaf Paintbrush- although we always called it Indian paintbrush

Fireweed--because it is usually the first plant to grow after a forest fire

Fireweed

Unknown name

Parry Harebell


Mountain Harebell

Penstemon- a ranger saw me taking pictures of flowers and came and talked to me because she also likes taking pictures of flowers. She said this one is a penstemon, but I don't remember what specific species and its not in my book.

Arrowleaf Senecio

No comments: